The North Atlantic Arts Alliance presents:
The 10th Annual New England Songwriting Contest
11 AM Sunday, July 28th, 2013 in the Workshop Pavilion
On the right: Dave Provost, the winner of the 2009 New England Songwriting Contest.
Winners of the 9th Annual New England Songwriting Contest:
First Place: Heather Pierson "A Hard Man to Please"
Vist her website
Second Place: Heather Hardy, "Hospice and Cleavage"
THE 2013 NE SONGWRITING CONTEST IS NOW OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS!
PRIZES FOR 2013
First Prize: $500
Second Prize: $250
Third Prize: $100
+ all winners receive complimentary festival T-Shirt
The 10th Annual New England Songwriting Contest Rules
- Potential contestants must send a recording of themselves (mp3 format only) performing their song to the festival. They must also include a lyric sheet.
- Submissions will be juried and the top 20 selections according to the selection committee will be chosen for the contest.
- Contestants may perform solo or have 2 accompanists. (no drum sets)
- Songs will be limited to 4 minutes or less.
- There is no limit of musical style or genre.
- All contestants must purchase a ticket to enter the festival.
- The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges. All judges decisions are final.F
- First, second and third place winners will receive a prize
- Each contestant may submit one song only.
- All songs must be original
- The person who wrote the song must perform the song as a solo or as an accompanist
- Paid performers of the Ossipee Valley Music Festival may not compete.
- Deadline is June 1st, 2013
Email submissions to: (deadline is June 1st, 2013)
Songwriting Contest Participants must purchase a ticket to the festival.
Click Here to Purchase Tickets Online